Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Inspired Cooking: Two Recipes

It has taken awhile, but the temperatures have dropped here in San Antonio and it finally feels like October should feel.  This weekend was gorgeous!  I’ve mentioned before how much I LOVE AUTUMN! I got all of my Fall Décor up in the house last weekend (after taking a day trip to the beach.  Ever been to the beach in October?  It is pretty awesome!) and have been craving cooler weather foods ever since.Fall 2013 Entryway
So, I was surfing Pinterest Saturday morning...........
I happened across this Pumpkin Applesauce crockpot recipe from Marie over at NotEnoughCinnamon.com.  I knew my son and my mother would love it!  On the same website, she had this yummy recipe for Pulled Pork with Apples and Onions.  Well, I knew what was on the menu for Sunday…done and done.

Both were terrific! The Pulled Pork made excellent sliders and the Pumpkin Applesauce was a good twist on a traditional pork side dish.Pumpkin Applesauce Prep
I purchased a pie pumpkin (Isn’t it a practically perfect pumpkin?) in order to use fresh pumpkin in the Pumpkin Applesauce.  The recipe only takes 11 oz, so I had plenty of pumpkin left over. 11 oz pumpkin So, I roasted the remaining pumpkin in the oven and then pureed the flesh in my food processor.  I now have another 3 cups of pumpkin puree in the freezer for baking!  I also roasted the seeds…..so delicious that my son keeps grabbing them by handfuls whenever he walks though the room!Roasted Pumpkin Seeds!
The cute pumpkin-shaped colander above was a Target Dollar Spot find….I also picked-up two more: an apple and an acorn.  Don’t you just love the stuff there?
Hope you try and enjoy these two recipes.  We absolutely did! 

Happy Fall!
DSCN7111

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.