Thursday, January 12, 2012

My Big Buffet Project: Part One

I mentioned in a previous post that I was hoping to find a new project:  refinishing/refurbishing a buffet for my dining area.  I got it! (Thanks to a helpful friend with a truck and muscles!) 

I found this old dresser on Craigslist that was in need of love....and a bigtime makeover!  The owner had also purchased it in the hopes of turning it into a cool buffet, but she ran out of time.  As she stated in her listing: "my ambition is bigger than my time allows for".  Well, I think I am up for the challenge!  I am so excited! 
Here are a few more BEFORE pics:
The top....it was obviously used a lot.


As you can see, it needs quite a bit of TLC to make it decent for a dining room, but I think it has great bones and potential!  The details are cool and the storage is amazing!  It is a large piece and very heavy (solid wood).  It measures 77" X 20" X 32.5".
Love the detailing!
I can't decide which drawers to keep and which I want to maybe make into open shelving or plate racks or  ???  The possibilities are numerous.  I think I am going to have to make a Home Depot run in the morning so I can get started. 
More drawers!
I will take pictures and keep posting updates as the project goes along!

4 comments:

  1. A fun project for sure. Go Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm sure you're going to have loads of fun with this. :) Visiting from Creative bloggers Party & Hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie! Ohmygosh, it has so much potential! I'm excited to see how it turns out! I re-did a dresser last year that had a similar design (with the middle drawers behind a door). Check it out...hope I can inspire!
    Maggie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects, I'm looking for a buffet too, but a bit smaller.
    Visiting from Nifty Thrifty Thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.