Sunday, January 8, 2012

Looking for Projects

All of the 2011 wrap-ups and "best of" postings on everyone's blogs have been inspiring!  I am totally in the mood to renovate or remodel or something!  I bought an old door at the Habitat store and an old piece of ceiling tile (2 squares by 4 squares) before Christmas that I love, but my hunger for more "old" stuff has not been satisfied. 

Antique ceiling tiles used as a magnetic photo display...
I also displayed our Christmas cards here this year!
My old door ($5 at the Habitat store) behind my bedside table.
It so happens to be "bulk pick-up" week in my neighborhood (when the city picks-up your junk on the curb).  I decided to be one of those "trash-to-treasure" pickers and my son and I went driving around the neighborhood.  I rescued two wood chairs and am excited to see what I can do with them!  I also snagged an old wooden pallet...I keep seeing awesome pallet projects on Pinterest.
My rescues!
For my BIG project:  I have been in need of a buffet piece since I moved in last Spring, but I haven't found exactly what I want.  Well, I went to a local antiques mall and found a French Provincial dresser (9-drawers...it's a big'un!) today...only it was a little outside of my price range.  It was a great deal for the quality, but I would still have to re-finish it and I just could not justify the expense.  So, I scoured Craigslist and found something very similar and in need of TLC....also 9-drawers and 77'' long!  Woohoo!  I am hoping that it is still available and that I can take a closer look this week...stay tuned for more!  I may have found my project!

1 comment:

Thanks so much for commenting! I love reading what you think about my projects, recipes, et cetera.